terça-feira, 1 de novembro de 2011

You’re a Wizard, Harry…

(Warning: this post may be a bit sentimentalist, but I am tired and listening to this song while writing. It’s not an excuse, but it helps…)

 

Wondering around on Youtube just makes us find silly things we used to watch years ago and that we don’t watch anymore. It also allows us to find not so funny videos that we also used to watch years ago and that are half forgotten, but still come to mind when you’re tired enough to think what to study next.

 

It’s funny that small clips that used to make you happy and laugh of excitement, today they make you happy and have a sudden urge to cry, and that’s just how it is… It is weird how little things can leave you wondering about the last thirteen or fourteen years of your life, and this clip is certainly one of them.

 

I remember perfectly when this trailer came out. I still keep the rubbish quality video we downloaded at the time. If this was of a solid material I would certainly keep it in my memory box (if I had a proper one).

 

I remember being eleven and watching this video again and again completely in sheer expectation of what would the film be like. What would be like to see Harry Potter. To actually see him instead of just imagining in my head?

 

The downloaded clip I keep in my computer also reminds me of how much times have changed… I remember having a horrible internet connection and watching the initial part of the trailer thirty times before being able to watch the complete clip, because the download was really slow.

 

I sometimes wonder how my life would have been if Harry Potter have never been written. Most things I remember are associated with him somehow, even if they are not related at all.

 

I also remember thinking of what would it be like when Harry Potter as over… but somehow I could never imagine it. Today the books were read, the films were watched and the surprise is no longer there. Even so, it takes a simple query on Google to see why I could never imagine how it would be like… because Harry Potter has never ended, nor will it will ever end. The excitement of reading a new piece of the story will not be there again, but the times and memories are, and those can’t be taken away.

 

thank you harry potter (by angelmaker666)

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário